Do you want your kids to learn to dress themselves?
I’ve created “Get Dressed” cheat sheets that take a list of capsule wardrobe essentials and visually show kids how to put together an outfit for each time of year!
Each season walks your child through the four steps to picking an outfit with easy labels, visuals and + signs, with all suggested pieces tailored to the season.
- Step 1: Pick an outfit combo (outfits designed for each season to maximize how they use their clothes)
- Step 2: Pick a completer piece
- Step 3: Pick an accessory
- Step 4: Pick shoes
Many parents like to print it out, place it in sheet protectors, and hang it by their child's closet.
- "Get Dressed" Cheat Sheets - 10 total printable pages
- 1 page with instructions
- 2 pages per season of the year with visual flow chart of outfit options for the season using capsule items
- 1 page with bonus “Questions to Ask Yourself” sheet to prompt your child to think about the weather, their activities for the day and other details like “does this match?”
- Bonus eBook: "How to Simplify Your Child's Wardrobe" which includes:
- Boy’s and Girl’s done-for-you capsule plans
- Items hand-selected from Amazon.com that intersect the highest ratings and the lowest prices. (All with free shipping and returns)
- Step-by-step guide to starting the simplifying process with what’s already in their closets
- Printable shopping checklist that is ready to use immediately
This is a cheat sheet that you won't get in trouble for having :) I have four daughters and this will be a great tool. My oldest daughter already glances at my year round wardrobe manual. Thanks for thinking of the kiddos as well!
My kids and I love these! They take the stress out of choosing outfits. My boys are gaining more responsibility and independence as they learn how to choose clothes that work without Mom's help.
These are absolutely brilliant!!!😍
Those getting dressed guides!!! The getting dressed cheat sheets are the best thing ever! I've long thought of trying to make something like this for my kids, but I seriously don't have the digital media skills.
I have the girls guide for my 3 daughters. This has been such a lifesaver. They are 13, 12, and 8.5. We homeschool so the clothing trends are different and they dont have friends at a school to get trendy ideas. I do NOT like for my children to look homely though...so your guide was the answer for us! I printed it out and put in 3 ring binder. They each took turns going through it and I printed each of them their own set of cheat sheets that hangs in their room. We actually took it shopping with us when we shopped for fall clothes and the clerk at the store was so impressed.