Do you want your kids to learn to dress themselves?
I’ve created “Get Dressed” cheat sheets that take a list of capsule wardrobe essentials and visually show kids how to put together an outfit for each time of year!
Each season walks your child through the four steps to picking an outfit with easy labels, visuals and + signs, with all suggested pieces tailored to the season.
- Step 1: Pick an outfit combo (outfits designed for each season to maximize how they use their clothes)
- Step 2: Pick a completer piece
- Step 3: Pick an accessory
- Step 4: Pick shoes
Many parents like to print it out, place it in sheet protectors, and hang it by their child's closet.
- "Get Dressed" Cheat Sheets - 10 total printable pages
- 1 page with instructions
- 2 pages per season of the year with visual flow chart of outfit options for the season using capsule items
- 1 page with bonus “Questions to Ask Yourself” sheet to prompt your child to think about the weather, their activities for the day and other details like “does this match?”
- Bonus eBook: "How to Simplify Your Child's Wardrobe" which includes:
- Boy’s and Girl’s done-for-you capsule plans
- Items hand-selected from Amazon.com that intersect the highest ratings and the lowest prices. (All with free shipping and returns)
- Step-by-step guide to starting the simplifying process with what’s already in their closets
- Printable shopping checklist that is ready to use immediately
I have really loved having the outfit formulas, so I wanted that for my kids. I got this because I didn't realize there was an outfit guide for kids. I think that the outfit guide will be better for me to avoid power struggles about getting dressed because it gives more details about what goes with what. However, I don't know if my kids will be able to "translate" THEIR clothes into a particular outfit formula. If not, I think I may actually take photos of their clothes and put it into this Get Dressed! Cheat Sheet format. Will try it and see how it goes.
I love theses cheat sheets for helping my children put outfits together. The only reason I left four instead of five stars is that most of the links that I tried to buy the clothes were for toddler sizes (up to 4T). This would be great if it had multiple links for different age ranges. But I still love the idea. Thank you for making mom life a little easier!
We were dreading planning a school wardrobe for our new middle schooler. The “Get dressed!” Cheat sheets have saved the day!
Thank you so much for putting this together! I've already gone through the steps and can't wait to start putting outfits together! I enjoyed it so much for myself, I also downloaded the girls guide to getting dressed to help them put together cute outfits. Thanks again. :)
We get SO many hand me downs that it is hard to weed through everything and end up with a good wardrobe that we can find matching outfits in easily. This has helped tremendously and we get to pass things in more easily now!
Well thought out and ingenious! Saves a lot of time and automates getting dressed. Love it!
I enjoy the mix and match clothing and I use them in the classroom to help Special Ed, student to dress better.