The Women's Business Style Guide is designed for working women who need a professional looking wardrobe and chic outfit inspiration on a budget.
Dressing stylishly and in something more than black slacks can feel challenging when you're busy being a mom too! This book is designed for women that feel a lack of confidence about fashion but that want to feel put together and stylish at work while transitioning easily back to home with their kids. It's also designed with budget-friendliness as top of mind.
As a mom, you need professional attire that is also mom-friendly. And you need a professional wardrobe that mixes and matches into many different outfits using a small number of clothes to keep it efficient and budget-friendly. To that end, this book walks you through quickly shaping a re-mixable capsule wardrobe that helps you look on-point at work while transitioning to home easily.
Also, the capsule is designed to work seamlessly with the "at home" counterpart book called the Women's Essentials Style Guide so that you can double up on the use of many items for at-home and at-work outfits.
The style guide also sticks with you daily, showing you dozens of chic outfits to create from your wardrobe without the need to desperately browse Pinterest for inspiration every morning.
This book is right for you if…
- You feel like fighting the frump at home is hard enough and thinking about cute work attire just gives you a headache?
- You’re bored by your work wardrobe and wonder what else you can wear other than slacks and a blouse?
- You're a teacher needing more professional outfits (Note: This depends on how dressy your school dress code is. Some teachers prefer the more casual Women's Essentials Style Guide which includes several dressy outfits per season.)
- You own a closet full of work wear but hardly any of it gets worn.
- You’re nervous that if you go shopping you’ll just end up with a bunch of new clothes that only go together in a handful of ways. What a waste of money!
I totally get it. But breath easy! Your professional wardrobe doesn’t have to be frustrating, or boring, or expensive
With The Women's Business Style Guide, you’ll get excited about how easy it is to dress “chic” for the office.
It’ll feel nearly effortless–but 100% rewarding!–to fight the frump both at work and at home.
What business dress code does this book cover? How dressy/formal is it?
This style guide covers the most common dress code for work spanning Business Casual to Business Professional. The capsule wardrobe includes all the pieces you need for these dress codes and the outfit combinations show you how to style them! We also include business suits in the checklist and a bonus flow chart on how to style suits for Business Formal environments like law offices and high-level executive roles. Regardless of how dressy you need to be for work, this guide's got you covered!
- This outfit guide combines nicely with the more casual Women's Essentials Style Guide. Several of the pieces used overlap so that you can maximize the use of your wardrobe both at home and at work. See the bundle offer below.
- List of clothing pieces needed
- Links to exact or similar pieces online
- Pre-filled shopping list printable
- Step-by-step guide to shaping your capsule from your existing wardrobe
- 132 outfits split evenly throughout the year
- Stylist tips below outfit breakdowns (e.g. "Add belt; partially front-tuck")
FREE BONUS #1: "Customize Your Capsule" Mini Course. Learn how to swap items in the plan like a pro. You'll also get step-by-step instructions for how to create your own color palette. Access to this mini course is included free!
FREE BONUS #2: Additional pre-designed color palettes to choose from. If you know your season type, you will love having a few season-specific color palette ideas to draw inspiration from in planning your own unique color palette to use on your wardrobe!
- FREE BONUS #3: Amazon Shopping Guide featuring links to various options for all the essential clothing items in the clothing checklist.
NEW to 2nd Edition
The new edition has many updates, all based on the feedback received from previous customers! Here are some of the most major changes:
- New name. We changed the collection name from The Year-Round Business Style Guide for Moms to The Women's Business Style Guide. It's still designed for moms but also serves any woman needing a flexible, put together, and easy-to-wear wardrobe.
- Simplified steps to get started. We refined the 5 steps to get started and added some visuals and worksheets, including help picking your "style words."
- 54 MORE Outfit Combinations for a total of 132 outfits for work, including new outfits that are semi-casual for "Casual Fridays" and Business cocktail party dress outfits.
- Outfits now further broken down by single season (previously fall/winter and spring/summer were lumped together), so you can find outfits that better match your weather.
- Capsule Plan improved significantly. Several items were removed (Feminine Vest, Plaid Scarf, Block Heeled Mules, and others) and replaced by several others that were added:
- Print Blazer
- Print Dressy Pants
- Dark Wash Jeans (for "Casual Fridays")
- White Tee (we show you how to dress this basic up for work!)
- Chambray Button-Down (we show you how to dress this basic up for work!)
- Formal Dress (for business cocktail parties)
- Minimalist Necklace
- and others...
- The book includes pages detailing ALL the wardrobe checklist changes carefully so you can easily understand the difference compared to your previous checklist.
- New business piece examples for a fresh, contemporary look.
- Capsule plan pages now provide FULL details on each of the items (instead of just an example image)
- Added flow chart for styling a Business Suit. We added a bonus section on how to style a skirt suit or pants suit for those needing Business Formal outfits.
- Added guide explaining the four main business dress codes. Explains the difference between Workleisure, Business Casual, Business Professional, and Business Formal and how to achieve each.
- Bonus Shopping Guide: You'll also get access to a just-created Amazon Shopping Guide for the essential Business items in the plan.
There are 2 package options that build on each other.
|DIGITAL Package: eBook & Inside Interactive™||DIGITAL + PRINT Package: eBook & Inside Interactive™ + Print Copy|
Everything in the other package, plus adds a print copy that is mailed to you.
Returning to work after more than 10 years as a SAHM. This guide was just the jump start I needed to build up my professional wardrobe. I appreciate that the items that overlapped with the casual guide were highlighted.
I had the old business guide but much prefer this one as the styles are more up to date and match with the pieces in the main style guide. I would love it if it came as a calendar, or even better a calendar that could be mixed and matched with the casual calendar for the hybrid working world.
This is exactly what I need. The book is great!
It is so helpful when preparing what to wear to work, to have some ideas on hand. I started a new job and having things put out for the week at the beginning of the week is so helpful and being able to look forward and pick out the outfits from the guide is so helpful.
This guide has taken the "decision fatigue" aspect out of getting dressed for this working mom! Absolutely LOVE it!
So enjoy but am looking forward to the hard copy Helps me be creative/happy 😀
I really like the that you provide the warm and cool colors. It helps me see what goes together. The outfit suggestions will be great for me. I already had the outfit guide for mom’s but it was too casual for my workplace. I would have to make changes to make the outfits work for me, now I can just use the business guide.